Standing Together is a non-profit organization that started by sending pizzas to soldiers guarding checkpoints. Seeing the smile on the soldiers’ faces helped the volunteers of Standing Together realize the importance of keeping our soldiers happy. Standing Together then began to cater to the different needs of soldiers, sending drinks, food, clothes, undergarments, and more to our soldiers in the field. Today we visit army bases around the country, outposts and stop at far away bus stops to treat IDF soldiers. We also bring needed supplies to first responders in border towns. (This video from 2006 illustrates the essence of Standing Together.)
In every season, on every holiday, at every moment, the young men and women of the Israeli Army protect the people of Israel and all those who come to visit their friends, family and the country’s holy sites. Since moving to Israel over 30 years ago, Founder, David Landau has spent countless nights delivering packages as tokens of gratitude to these young soldiers in order to make their service more pleasant. In 2003, he founded Standing Together to expand this mission and to enable others to express appreciation to these heroes throughout Israel. Funded entirely by donors from all over the world, Standing Together provides relief not only to the soldiers who serve in Israel’s armed forces, but also to Israeli citizens whose lives are under constant threat of attack.
Standing Together’s mission is to enable people throughout the world to embrace the value of recognizing the good done for them and to stand together with those who dedicate their lives to ensuring Israel’s existence.
This is done with our Standing Together Food Truck that visits soldiers though out Israel. The truck, which replaced our original trailer, is equipped with an oven, coffee machine, freezer, popcorn machine and waffle warmer. In addition it has a mobile cell phone charging station for those soldiers who might need it. Volunteers distribute treats to soldiers late at night and in far off locations in order to let the soldiers know they are not alone and forgotten. New programs and initiatives are constantly being implemented by Standing Together in order to serve more soldiers and first responders.
Standing Together accomplishes its goals of minimizing costs and spending every possible dollar on achieving their mission by using a staff made up predominantly of volunteers. In addition, Standing Together is utilizing the latest trends in technology to strengthen the connection between our supporters and IDF soldiers. Using the popular social networking website Facebook, Standing Together enables peers of our soldiers to get involved and connect with the young men and women who are serving Israel. Our Facebook page is constantly changing, sending updates to thousands of people all over the world. Join Standing Together’s Facebook group to get the latest information on our activities both inside and outside Israel. https://www.facebook.com/stogether You’re invited to watch exclusive videos, interact with other supporters and share your ideas for how to help our soldiers. The computer and mobile internet service that was added to the Standing Together truck has facilitated Facebook conversations between soldiers and their families abroad in addition to allowing supporters overseas to see the soldiers they are helping.
Israel’s brave soldiers are serving at checkpoints, at army bases and on Israel’s borders. Meanwhile we sit at home, sometimes not realizing that these heroes are constantly on high alert. During 2020 alone the IDF responded to rocket attacks, over 170 rockets were directed at Israel. There were 38 attempts by terrorists to cross the border, 1500 stoning throwing incidents and over 220 Molotov cocktails were directed at Israeli citizens.
What is Standing Together?
Standing Together is a non-profit organization dedicated to making a difference to those who make a difference in Israel. This includes supporting Israeli soldiers on active duty and giving the worldwide community an opportunity to show our appreciation to those who protect Israel, a land that is holy to all nations.
HOW DID STANDING TOGETHER START?Our first official campaign was in the year 2004 when we began sending pizzas to soldiers guarding the checkpoints. What has Standing Together Accomplished in the past 18 years (please note that in 2021 we can only bring treats to IDF soldiers but we can bring supplies to first responders. Before this change we brought important electronic items and more to the IDF as well)
- Donating mini-fridges and microwaves for hospital rooms of wounded soldiers.
- Presented wounded soldiers with personalized bathrobes.
- Rosh Hashanah Greeting Cards via Email so that thousands of people all over the world can participate
- Mobile cell phone charging unit.
- Treats and pizza pies for soldiers at the front.
- Underwear and toiletries for soldiers during the 2006 Second Lebanon War and the 2009 Operation Cast Lead in Gaza.
- Warm clothes for hundreds of soldiers serving on our borders in the winter.
- Independence Day barbecues at army bases and checkpoints.
- National Donut Week Chanukah Parties at Army Bases.
- Challot from Sderot.
- Mishloach Manot Purim Packages.
- Ice Cream Days in the Summer.
- A special CD recording of the priestly blessings was distributed to soldiers to give them spiritual strength
- Together with United with Israel, we deliver Pesach Packages to soldiers in need.
- Since 2019 a new state of the art food truck replaced our original trailer and can bring as much as a three day supply of treats for our soldiers. This enables Standing Together to travel farther and visit more bases than ever before.
- During COVID we have and continue to work together with the army to bring treats to IDF soldiers safely
- In 2021 we also donated much needed warm jackets to First Responders
WHO FUNDS STANDING TOGETHER?
Standing Together is funded totally by donations from generous supporters throughout the world. It is a voluntary organization with no offices, almost no employees and no expense accounts.